View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3311294)   #20
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heycoop Racing View Post
Why was it that so many Challenge Cup/TL cars were at the ITM 400? Was that only because of the fact it was in front of big crowds and Supercars, or was there something else to it? I cannot remember exactly how many cars, but I know it was high 20's, so there must have been some pretty big incentive. And its not like that would have been a cheap weekends racing (which is actually impossible everywhere you go!!). Surely some of them could come out and race V8CC.

Also, is there any major differences in racing/cost/opportunity/TV by racing in the NZV8 series as opposed to the V8CC?
Well as it stands (ish), the NZV8's have a TV deal while the CC's don't (with some of the ripper TL battles from last season, certain TL drivers probably got just as much TV time out of certain races than the TLX drivers). The massive TL numbers at the Supercar event can be put down to same-day coverage on offer, a race airing on Australian TV, as well as a 6 figure crowd to advertise to at the race meeting. If the V8ST gets the go-ahead to support the Supercars this year, and the V8CC's are roped in, then I expect they'd put on a similarly large showing.