Thread: WEC Race 2021 6 Hours of Monza
View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2021, 01:41 (Ref:4061517)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
To be honest, if this is how the gap is going to stay, for Monza it's too small. I expected a lot more from cars presumably designed for low drag and packing a massive power advantage. It just doesn't compute in my head.

In the latest podcast MP mentioned that his sources say GR010 has serious inherent problems and is to get a comprehensive "joker" redesign for next year. Which means it may not be the best benchmark for what an LMH can be. Which then puts a number of things, including "stratification" and SCG 007 performance, into a different perspective...
If Toyota got it wrong I'd be willing to bet the ACO will allow all manufacturers to make updates. In other words, the set 5 year homologation might not be set in stone.