View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4181762)   #74
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Also wonder about Andretti being approved by the FIA but not having an engine contract - is that slackness by the FIA or did it take a practical approach?
I think there are two perspectives on this...

1. Teams are not required to solve the problem of having a power unit or not. The regulations say that if you are a F1 power unit manufacture, in specific situation you may have to provide a power unit to a team that doesn't have one. I don't think this has actually happened yet, but this is not a new rule.

So based upon how the rules are structure this would be Honda or Renault/Alpine.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-fia/10533383/

2. Part of the argument for Andretti is that they are bringing GM with them. But it was understood that given the timeframe this was likely to be a badging effort in the short term. So for example, what if Andretti gets an entry and then GM backs out after Andretti is in? What if GM backs out before Andretti gets in? Should either situation impact Andretti's chances?

Richard