View Single Post
Old 8 May 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3975059)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't see electric as the be all end all. I agree with a previous post that customer cars should be a way forward. The problem is the series is too reliant on the manufacturers and the problem is when you see them leave you are in limbo. As we have seen in all motorsports, even F1, manufacturers will leave when it suits them, whether they are winning or losing.

Therefore they should look to attract manufacturers to enter the series and also for to supply cars to teams. And they should use this time to see what rules would get more makes and manufacturers into the series. Manufacturers do add to the series, but they shouldn't be crucial to survival

Anyway that's my two cents
I think, in your post you've contradicted yourself a bit.

You point out the risks of relying on manufacturers. Then say DTM should look to attract them.
Then, use the time (delaying the inevitable) to create a rule set that is even more reliant on manufacturers?

Relying on manufacturers in any way, either as an entrant or supplier, is a sure way to see the series go further down the pan.

IMO, concentrating on the number of makes, marques or manufacturers ignores the obvious.
In 20 years, they've only ever had 5 manufacturers represented, and never more than 3 at a time. That's what you have previously described as excellent. If that is true, then variety on the grid is obviously not a requirement.

A rule set is needed that attracts entrants, and that needs to be forward thinking, not based around increasingly non relevant technology. Leave history for the historic series.