View Single Post
Old 8 May 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3975117)   #71
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
DTM doesn't have the kind of household-name teams and drivers anymore that people would follow even if they were racing shopping carts, so the only thing they can identify with are the car brands.
Maybe the problem lies in the fans view of what they want being too far removed from the reality manufacturers face today?

Q1 2019 German car sales:
1-VW Golf-50,895
2-VW Tiguan-20,709
3-VW Polo-18,556
4-Ford Focus-16,148
5-Mercedes-Benz C-Class-15,933
6-VW T-Roc-15,500
7-Skoda Octavia-14,764
8-Audi A3-13,977
9-Audi A4-13,149
10-VW Passat-12,688

If the fans want the big three to race the type of cars they cling on to the hope of seeing, they should be out buying them in bigger numbers.
Are fans identifying with car brands though a historical lens? Or do they actually understand what car brands look like in 2020?