Thread: MotoGP 2020
View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3997023)   #125
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I suppose they had to do something a bit quick otherwise the riders would probably have voted not to ride .I wonder if there have been any similar car "incidences" at that corner in the past ? although a car would normally bog down in the sand. Saying that I was at Brands Hatch today and a big "Yank Tank" managed to get to the barrier and destroy itself at Paddock bend
I find myself a long way off current sand trap preparation, they should be so soft they are difficult to walk through, and furrowed parallel to the direction of travel 6" to 8" crests. Will stop anything. Personally tried the design multiple times at over 250 kph - getting the stones out of everything is hell, but they absolutely work!

Current practice is just build a gravel road and pretty much nothing stops until it hits the wall and often even bounces back across the trap onto the track, can't be good.

I have heard all the arguments about rolling, and recovery etc. but imo they just don't stack up.