View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2024, 17:40 (Ref:4199751)   #305
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't say that I have any to immediately post, but have been going over some of the more reliable sources and sites. The best post-race analysis usually comes at least 12-18 hours after, when everyone has had a good night's sleep, so's they can come at everything with a more clear view.

It looks like it all centers around that last pit stop, which for Peugeot was a "splash and dash", to keep that 2nd place, if not make an effort for 1st. During that segment, the power graph showed that the #93 had a significant amount as compared to that of the Porsches. But by that penultimate lap, coming around the first turn, the Pug looses power and both Porsches pass him. It couldn't have burned through that much fuel that quickly, unless... Oh no! that's when I figured that the fuel map was not reset for the new amount.

That's my assessment, but I wouldn't be surprised if the data, and others, come to a similar conclusion.