View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2600697)   #5
capridt
Rookie

capridt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ve just come across your CC Capri thread, I hope this may help. I bought my CC mk3 from well known former racer Colin Woodcock. My understanding is that: - he bought the car from Brian Chatfield who in turn bought it direct from Gordon Spice. Gordon has been down and seen the car on a couple of occasions but is unsure exactly which one it is as he never kept records, he thinks it may be his Motorcraft / Autocar one, in which case it may be CC 10. (Could this be the one he campaigned in '81/'82 with Daily Mail sponsorship?) I believe that the car was fitted with the RS body kit, big wheels etc by Brian, and the (bored & stroked) 3.5 engine by Colin. Colin told me he had a nasty shunt when a suspension link broke which necessitated the replacement of the front panel and inner wings, this may be when the identification plate disappeared. If anybody out there (Brian?) can throw light on its number, please let me know. Incidentally, the car will be up at the Autosport show in the Coys auction, so if anyone has more info. I will be there, please make contact. Thanks, DT.