View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2022, 21:39 (Ref:4098307)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
I don't think you can draw any meaningful conclusion based on that image. The difference in head height could be anything from 0 to 10 cm's from those two images.
I unfortunately don't have access to either of the cars. So I can't measure them. But you can choose to see whatever you want in those images (which I think are accurate enough for this conversation). In the end, I was just responding to your comment which implied the two were not similar enough to compare. How about you provide the evidence to support your assertions. It's not up to me to prove your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
It surprises me that you signal out a single item in the argument out of the five I listed when any significant advantage of going to that big a tire diameter has yet to be communicated at all.
If you look back at my older posts I have provides more details on other points. But your most recent post was about drivers complaining about sightlines over the taller tires. So that is what I responded to. There is no point in going over this point by point again because nothing has changed.

I know you are passionate about this topic. You have worked to make this a true and calm discussion. And I think it has been. And please understand that I disagree with the idea and this is not about you. Of course there is both and upper and lower limit on how wide or tall the tires should be. But I don't believe radically changing them (particularly to make the diameter much smaller or to reduce the width to reduce spray and increase traction in the wet) are good ideas at all. Or any of the other points you make. At least enough to support a change.

The topic has been dead for months and I really just don't see anyone who supports this idea either here or in F1 in general. When you posted earlier this week, I saw it and thought... "Nope, not gonna engage on this again!" even when I was thinking all of the comments I posted above. Sadly, V8 Fireworks post sucked me back in. I should have just not posted. I think I will go back into hibernation on this topic until I think there is something I can add beyond what I have already said. This is basically the same conclusion I had back in Oct. when we had a number of back and forth on this.

Richard