Thread: 2023 Season
View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4152212)   #187
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
honestly, more borne out of frustration for not having anything to talk about for the past couple of weeks and while we are all used to the summer break, a month long break this early in the season is, and just speaking for myself, has killed any momentum/excitement a young season should have imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I re-read my post and the above is probably overly strong as I don't think you were asking for any special breaks for the non-RBR teams. But overall, I would say the process of "catching up" is one that happens race by race, season by season...
i thought it a fair point but yes indeed, i meant for all teams to have an equal chance to develop within the constraints of their budgets of course and not for just the non RB teams...and of course i am ignoring all of the logistical and financial issues with scheduling in season tests!

but my preference is to see that action happen on track and not back in the factories and while races offer an opportunity to develop one's car session by session, when races get cancelled and that time on track is lost, is it wholly unreasonable to expect (as fans) for that time to be made up via an in season test?

flip side of course is maybe some teams have been able to use this time wisely and will come back stronger....maybe it's the anticipation thats killing me?