View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3016541)   #1278
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They are good shots. I used the one from Racecar engineering's site because it didn't have the LeMans.org watermark on the left.
On our site are a mix of my pics and Toyota's - yep the flow vis and all action shots are from them - but the static stuff is all mine. We do not watermark - just ask for links and credit.

Quote:
. Can you ask whether the gearbox is also operated hydraulically? TMG has a lot of experience with hydraulics from their F1 time.
yes its hydraulic shift

Quote:
The specs also state that the gearbox casing is aluminium. Why is it not made in carbon fibre?
even the TF110 (a major source for this car) did not have a carbon case

Quote:
Surprise, What do we know about this all new 3.4l v8 engine they are using?
Very little - I think it is direct injection and has a lower crankshaft height compared to the RV8K - but don't shout at me if thats wrong!

Quote:
Also the rear deck of that car is so low. Probably lower than on the Audi
I though maybe it was a pullrod rear but Pascal tells me its pushrod

Quote:
Did Toyota confirm a schedule? I've not seen anything about that.
Press release I have says 1 car Spa, 2 cars Le Mans, Silverstone, Fuji. But team are a bit vague on that

Quote:
J-Damper?
Illegal iirc.
not according to Pascal