Thread: WTCC WTCC 2013
View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3144051)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Although if Citroën do enter I would be a little nervous about the calendar. I remember in the WRC, they weren't keen on racing outside of Europe and yet curiously they are looking at the WTCC because of how diverse the calendar is.
If I remember well Citroen isn't interested in the Middle-East events.
China is an important market for Citroen.
I can imagine they also want to race in South-America and Marocco (or elsewhere in Africa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
If there is one thing I like about the WTCC is that the calendar has a nice balance between European rounds and international rounds (I'm happy that there is a race in Japan and the USA). I have my fingers crossed Ford enter as a works team, it should protect the US race if they can make it work.
No problems with this calendar, except for the fact the first half of the season is only in Europe and the second half only outside Europe. I would like to see a mix.