View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3215245)   #23
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesurge View Post
I will be attending Sebring this year - it's the first endurance race I'll be seeing in person and am excited about it being the last "proper" Sebring with P1 cars.

Question for those of you who've been there before: do you know how packed it will be if I drive to the track on Saturday morning? If I'm not camping there, what unearthly hour will I have to get there by in order not to be stuck outside the track?

Thanks everyone!
It is too late for the $75 Superticket, you will need $85

See the "Guest Guide". HERE. It would be worthwhile to call (toll free) in order to determine if the "Superticket" includes a parking pass as it is not mentioned in the guide. The "Superticket" also includes FOOT access to the pits and paddock any time and pit road/starting grid up to ~10 minutes before race start. I can guarantee you will not be alone.

If you intend to drive in with a cooler and other "necessities" you should have a parking pass. "Drive in" allowed capacity is monitored and usually shuts down between 08h00 and 11h00. The parking pass will let you in anytime but open spaces may be hard to find. Count on locking the car as the rest of your visit will require foot transportation.

There is parking outside the track (see Pink areas) and free trams in & out at various times of the day. Expect at least 1 hour time in que no matter which scenario you pick.

The earlier your arrival the better off you are. You may be able to park outside FRI night (free) and join whatever que you need when you wake up (assuming you were able to fall asleep due to the hoot'n, holler'n and horn blow'n that goes on all night).

Print this MAP to avoid some of the confusion.

Have a good trip and please provide a post event commentary.

Last edited by thebear; 6 Mar 2013 at 20:15.