View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4025101)   #3339
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
No relay, that was one of the first things I thought about that a relay was hanging in. I have been in the workshop this morning and checked various things. With the ignition on all 3 brake lights are illuminated with the brake light switch disconnected or the wires bridged together. There is a positive feed from one wire and the other shows a feed to earth that I presume goes to the bulbs as they illuminate if I run a separate positive feed to it. There are 3 fuses that are linked to the "brake light bulbs" and one of them also feeds other circuits. This 406 hasn't got Canbus wiring and is ****ing me off.
This all started the other morning when much to my amazement the brake lights were on even before I got in to start it and the battery was almost flat. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the central locking and immobilizer as that had started to play up of late and I have been locking it with the key.
I have had this for about 15/16 years and up until now has been very reliable and economic always returning over 50 mpg, I bought it off a customer of mine with a rod through the block after it had revved it's nuts off running on it's own oil when then turbo s**t itself.
It can be very difficult to find some of these sort of problems .
Some cars have the brake light circuit linked through the ECU & can show a management fault if the brake lights are not working .
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes , or a reset code for the ECU if you know what it is .