View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2753783)   #58
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
.Anyway - what is the expected turnout for the race - is there much going on around the track/village over the weekend?
we Normally just go to LM or Sebring so Silverstone might be a bit quieter i guess?
There's usually a few thousand there for the race (it was packed 2 years ago as Peugot gave away thousands of tickets to employees) but as Silverstone is so vast it never feels busy. There's usually a few trade stands & displays behind the Woodcote grandstands plus some catering & bars but nothing special. The campsites have a good atmosphere, especially Whittlebury who sometimes have live music on the Saturday. Apart from that, it's pretty quiet.

Make sure you take little radios so you can tune into the commentary as the PA system doesn't stretch as far as the bottom of the circuit!