View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4140855)   #55
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Very wise. As to the exhaust system I dont think its necessary to go for thick stainless steel. May be its good to have a look to TLE, Tony Law Exhausts, they can make bespoke systems made of mild steel in various wall thickness http://www.tonylawexhausts.co.uk/. They sell repackable silencers too. Works fine on a V6 Capri.
My exhaust was full length (after the 4 branch manifold) with a repackable silencer that was made from big bore lightweight aluminium by a mate that used to make F1/F2 chassis. The weight saving was unbelievable compared with the steel one. The bellhousing/gearbox and diff cases were all lightweight alloy along with aluminium door skins/fibreglass bonnet/boot/Lexan screens /windows. The screens (front and back that I made) were a lot cheaper than the standard ones and would never break (unlike the laminated ones) and again were another great weight saver.
After that, saving weight was only down to playing with smaller increments that probably wasn't worth the hassle, but my team would know how much fuel we needed for a race as they used to dip the tank after a race at different circuits and write it down, and only put the bare minimum in plus an extra litre, at Spa one year I actually ran out on the slowing down lap !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !