View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3972384)   #79
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Methinks "(how many 18-25-year-olds are excited by cars anymore?)" says it all. I and most real fans I've known over the years were into cars from a very young age, dreaming about what we would have when we could drive.

We had no games, no racing on TV, and.......eeeek! ....no computers. We were into cars and racing followed. We looked at magazines watched older "kids" racing up and down the streets, or working on their cars under a tree...pulleys and ropes hanging from a big branch.. It doesn't happen anymore...... well, okay, some have scanners and/or replace chips.....whooppee...... and others pay somebody to do an upgrade......WOW! Soooo impressive.......nobody (nearly, anyway) picks up a wrench (let alone know what to do with one in the first place).
The love affair is nearly over and there's no (sorrowfully) turning back.

The kit and spec cars, BoPing, and all other means of "leveling of the playing field" (wings that open in F1? What the .... is that???) has just been a
band-aid in a feeble attempt to attract newbies and keep those with a short attention span (the masses these days it seems) watching
with the "choreographed" excitement...................It isn't working.

I'm old and have enjoyed the racing "ride" (spectating and participating)........face it, the end is near........

Last edited by jimclark; 23 Apr 2020 at 13:03.

jimclark