View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3973533)   #84
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Very good post, Mr. BrentJackson.
Amen to that!

I think the future survival of prototype racing in America, will fare better under IMSA, than will Europe under the ACO.

IMSA will likely adopt a more open minded attitude, that in a immediate post virus world, there will not be any place for a ''new, expensive'' category, be that LMDh or Hypercar. I can see the current regs being opened up, in an effort to attract more entries that will not otherwise be there, ie: as was suggested in other post, older cars.

The ACO on the other hand, by releasing the regs for Hypercar, are signalling that they are happy to continue down the Dodo route, and disregard any logical common sense.

Getting any teams who have the finances to go racing is the first issue. NOT creating new classes requiring an even bigger investment. I think any future race meeting will need to perhaps have less different classes, and try have fuller fields to race on the same program. People who are still thinking that very soon things will be back to normal how it was before the virus..............are either incredibly stupid, or perhaps work for the ACO!...