Thread: Spa 6 hrs
View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2022, 07:10 (Ref:4130794)   #282
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the increase in GT40s has a lot to do with it. When there were fewer they tended to split up around the track and thus there were gaps between them. Now you get larger groups of them and with all that bodywork, the drivers behind the leading car need their wits about them. This all makes us "minnow" drivers, somewhat wary. Last year I recall Fred Wakeman in his Cobra, giving me room at Stavelot when we both arrived on the line simultaneously. But I'm not sure drivers in GT40s have that same perception. To be clear I don't believe the drivers are aggressive, or the cars should be banned, I just think they represent a totally different driving experience.