View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 2001, 19:21 (Ref:156413)   #13
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys!

Unfortunately noone dropped out so we couldn't accomodate, although, Rache - we could have done with you! The best lap time that my team did was 1.13. My best was 1.18 which was one second off my last (and first) attempt at MK Daytona.

The evening did not bode well for me as I am full of flu . There were teams turning up in their race suits and my colleagues thought that they were gonna do well but I tried convincing them that there would be teams there who have had just a tad more practice than us! Their enthusiasm became deflated after 30 minutes into the race! The kart we had in practice had a fuel supply problem which wasted a lot of our time. I went out for 10 minutes in the race (starting from the back of the grid) and was too ill and tired to carry on. Then Rakesh went out and did some okay times. Ben went out and did some even better times and then David went out and managed to move us up to second from last! We still had fun and will be doing it again. If anyone is interested then I will post in here and if we can make up more than one team then all the better!

It cost £130 ish for the four of us.

Thanks again for all of your words of wisdom and encouragement!