Thread: WEC Glickenhaus Hypercar
View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2023, 00:07 (Ref:4151018)   #1452
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Actually, it is.
The route to the Alpine “Hypercar” and the Glickenhaus are very very different.
Quote:
Toyota basically decided to re-engineer it's car that was dueling with Porsche and Audi just five years ago to fit those "new rules"," and with some upgrades have managed to stay ahead.
They are new rules, not “new rules”. And while, undoubtedly Toyota use what they have learnt, it is a different car.

Quote:
But the new challengers from Cadillac, Ferrari, and, of course, Porsche, not to mention Peugeot, have arrived using those same shared rules, including hybrid electric systems, that Glickenhaus and Vanwall went without.
Same shared rules? With LMP? They are quite different. Although they both have hybrids, but that doesn’t mean they are he same rules.

And the Toyota, Peugeot, Ferrari, and Caddy aren’t even the same rules as he Caddy, Porsche and Acura!

Quote:
And then there's Isotta Fraschini, whom are taking their Tipo 6 to Vallelunga for testing after building it in over 5+ months. If that car performs well, and makes good at Monza, what does that say.
Er, if it does go well, it will show they’ve done well.

However, that will depend on how much testing and development they do.

What we’ve learned so far, I think, is that the current rules don’t replace testing and development. It might not be the standard find a tenth here and there and more about making sure you keep that tenth in more conditions, but it still rewards the effort.

And, if that is the case, it is good.

The Glickenhaus has not been tested and developed as much. I’d love to see it continue racing and at the front. I literally have the T-Shirt, but, in retrospect, it’s not a surprise it isn’t. They need more resources to find the development and testing.

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the actual answer.
Well done. you got me. I started replying before I read this.

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Apr 2023 at 00:37.