Thread: ELMS ELMS 2015 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3477644)   #40
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Endurance-Info states that TDS has put the Ligier up for sale or sold it already.
Intriguing. You can see them being deeply disappointed by how 2014 panned out for them, and in retrospect had they stuck with the Morgan I suspect they'd have been profoundly in contention for the title.

Reading between the lines of the EI report it seems ambiguous however as to whether this is an expression of frustration with the Ligier package (most interesting, as my understanding was that at least at Le Mans TDS essentially had an Oak Racing client racing package akin to the sort of thing AF Corse offer) or a step back from LMP2 overall.

Looking to 2015 it's a hard call to make regarding chassis - the Oreca, Zytek, and Morgan packages are all proven and fast, what we've seen so far of the new gen coupes is that when they run they're quick, but neither the Ligier nor the Dome look anything like easy packages, and we've yet to see what the HPD or Oreca packages offer. I suspect there are a few out there looking at 2015 and strongly considering sticking with the known quantity that the open cars offer.