View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2007, 13:50 (Ref:2016960)   #325
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say, jolly good show. :)

There seems to be quite a lot of positive comments overall about the weekend's racing. Good stuff, I'm about to join in...

Really enjoyed myself on Sunday despite the wind's attempt to move me around like a kite. I don't think I can ever get tired of watching the cars attack Maggotts and Becketts. I love the way they change direction so rapidly through the series of bends, going from outside kerb to inside kerb (and bouncing off the kerbs if you are a Charouz Lola).

I just couldn't leave the area, the guys I was with left me there and I caught up with them 3hrs later at Luffield. . It was very clear why the Peugeots are so quick, they were effortlessly carrying so much more speed than anything else through Maggotts and Becketts. It was almost frightening to watch! Another memorable moment from here was the three Zyteks going through in close proximity all backfiring as they downshifted. Wonderful sounds.

Other highlights includes seeing so many drivers in the paddock. There was Collard and Henri himself. The great man walked right past me, I couldn't think of anything to say other than look sheepish! I love the way the drivers sort of mingle with the general public - Erdos, Mucke, Gavin (chatting to Prodrive bloke, George Howard-Chappell I think), Minassian etc.

Is it me or was the Courage operation for this race rather modest? They had a small-ish tent with Cochet and Frei and no more than 3 or 4 other people in there when I stuck my head in. I was so delighted a Courage lasted the race. I'm sure the team were in shock too. They weren't packing up after the first hour!

LNT put on a great showing and the battle between the lead Pescarolo and Charouz Lola was great to watch. They were both at ten-tenths. The GT1 battle was also engaging.

The first safety car period came as no surprise to us, we could see even on the warm up lap that the Rolex advertising boards were slowly coming off. I dunno how that wasn't spotted if we could see it .

Like most people I thought a large screen would have been nice! I wasn't too bothered about the 'food' on sale mainly because I tend to avoid them.

Last edited by cg7aa; 18 Sep 2007 at 13:55.