View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2003, 14:40 (Ref:583847)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
It's okay to criticize CART and Chris Pook for some of their choices...mandatory pit window, getting rid of road and oval cources and future engine specs. But constantly going after rookie drivers like Lavin and Yoong...I can't understand. We all no that these rookies aren't going to be future Zanardi's, Montoya's and Da Matta's, but Im just happy that we have 18 or 19 drivers on the grid. Look at how good Manning and Hunter-Reay are performing...imagine how much better they would be if they were driving Lolas. Once Bourdais gets settled down...he will be amazing to watch. Haberfeld...the future PT? In the next year or two we may see 1 or 2 guys step up to CART from Toyota Atlantic. We should also see some F3000, retired F1 and ex CART drivers come back to ChampCars in the near future. If you want to call me a CART Cheerleader...that's fine with me.
Stop being so immature. The question here is as to how many cars will be on the grid at Brands. Sadly, the truth is that the one-offs we hoped for look unlikely to happen. Therefore, 19 cars. And no, Lavin isn't up to scratch - all the other guys have shown at least some potential, even the other guys who are only there through sponsorship.

It's only fair that we say that - only about 10 of the field are as good as the guys we had challenging in 2000. The IRL also has only about 10 truly top-line drivers.

We're not here to be cheerleaders. We're here to discuss what we see as the facts. And the fact is that the 'crapwagons' do at least hve good drivers and good racing, even if most would prefer if there were just one series, as the talent is being diluted.