View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1641787)   #39
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I don't think anyone here will deny that Supertourers are an incedibly fast bit of kit, and especially that Primera. I remember seeing it in the hands of Jonathan Young a few years ago against some ex-Formula Saloons guys and it is argueably one of the quickest and best prepared of all the SuperTourers still racing. But that's not the point yeltneb was trying to make.

As far as the WTCC comparison goes, they aren't as quick as you think. Pole for this year's race was in the high 1.33's, race pace was closer to 1.34-1.35, although admittedly the track was never really dry all weekend. On equivilent tyres and fuel load a good ST would still be quicker though.

I think the point that yeltneb was trying to make is that comparing yourself against a series run to completely different regulations is a pointless exercise. You might as well say you would be on pole for any Hot Hatch race, or several seconds off the back of a Superbike grid.