Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 29 May 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3906782)   #271
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty sure that whatever happens, WEC won't throttle back the P1-H to P1-L levels ... which means the P1-Ls will always be fighting for second place.

And sure ... no manufacturer was about to replace Porsche and Audi with a big change scheduled for 2020 .... but also no manufacturers were planning to join at any time before that. Basically it was Toyota against VAG all along, just VAG ran two teams or a while ... and once Porsche won Le Mans, there was no further point to competing.

Audi made it clear that they had money enough for Formula-E .... so while Dieselgate did hurt VAG, it was nothing existential .... I don't see the IMSA or WEC GTLM/GTE getting the axe.

And while no new manufacturers were going to join in 2019, knowing a new formula was supposed to be coming ... FIA hasn't managed to lock down anyone to that new formula either. if I were looking for a management model to adopt for a new company, I'd ask the FIA to write a training manual and Never do anything they suggested.