View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2024, 15:20 (Ref:4203166)   #82
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i cant recall where i read this...i think it was an Alonso quote suggesting that had there been tarmac there instead of gravel, there would not have been any investigation.

will go through my history to find it but an interesting take i thought.

one of the things that stood out to me during this race was just how amazingly fast and nimble the cars looked so really hope they dont change the track because of this.

safety first of course but...

edit: https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68649182

But Alonso said he was "surprised" by the decision on social media afterwards: "A bit surprised by a penalty at the end of the race regarding how we should approach the corners or how we should drive the race cars. At no point do we want to do anything wrong at these speeds.

"I believe that without gravel on that corner, on any other corner in the world we will never be even investigated. In F1, with over 20 years of experience, with epic duels like Imola 2005/2006/Brazil 2023, changing racing lines, sacrificing entry speed to have good exits from corners is part of the art of motorsport.

Last edited by chillibowl; 28 Mar 2024 at 15:32.