View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2024, 19:25 (Ref:4203635)   #96
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think if Alonso had braked 100M earlier then Russell would have flown past him or into him before the corner. Did Alonso lift the throttle or brake before the apex, quite possibly, but to me it didn't look like a brake test. I am no fan of Alonso either just fyi.

Possibly you are overlooking the fact that Alonso admitted, and the data confirmed, that after his initial braking early - which again he admitted was his mistake - he went back on the accelerator. It is quite possible that Russell would have gone into the back of the Aston if Alonso hadn't hit the gas again and possibly his, Russells', reaction was super quick. We don't know, because the Stewards didn't mention it.

Surely all this is really academic; Alonso has admitted he cocked up his approach to the corner, and he was desperately trying to put off Russell so as to avoid the inevitable immediately after they hit the straight and the DRS.