View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4138962)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I guess it would be Toyota. in the early noughties.

There were the three teams c 2010, but Hispania / HRT were only ever wanting to be nothing different from Haas ie buying a Dallara Chassis etc. Virgin / Marussia arguably with their Simtek/Wirth and Manor partnerships are borderline existing racing businesses making the step up.

Caterham / Lotus other than the Lotus name... well I dont know where or how to position them given they ran as Lotus.

But Toyota were a proper set up from scratch sort of project that included building its own engine IIRC
IMO, Team Lotus would be considered the most recent newly established team (their only link previous is with name).
Super Aguri should also be considered in any reference to establishing a new team.