View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4138968)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
IMO, Team Lotus would be considered the most recent newly established team (their only link previous is with name).
Super Aguri should also be considered in any reference to establishing a new team.
I do agree with you over the Lotus scenario given the only Lotus aspect of the car was the name.

Super Aguri I am not so convinced about.... they took over the Arrows factory not to mention staff and indeed the initial SA car, although labelled a Super Aguri (SA05) was based on updated Arrows A23 chassis they had purchased from Paul Stoddart (Minardi) Paul had bought them from the TWR / Arrows administrator. Plus of course mated to a Honda engine. The following year (2007) im sure they used the Honda 2006 chassis, labelled SA06. I seem to recall some disapproval from other constructors at the time. In effect they were a Honda B Team.

Its arguable in my eyes that they were a start from scratch operation given the set up was all resources that stemmed from Arrows, Honda etc. I dont feel strongly about it, and indeed personally had a soft spot for Super Aguri and remember well my very audible jubilation and elation when Sato did his wonders at the 2007 Canadian GP (It would have been 4 or 5 am for me!)

I put my comments above more as an observation rather than a strong argument or total disagreement. Im happy to be corrected on my claims which are memory based .