View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1711204)   #7
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like the idea of tweaking the way entires are handed out. But I'm not so sure about making the 24 hours part of the LMS. Then you are basically guaranteeing any full season LMS entrant a trip to LM? Either that, or you are asking a team to enter a race series where they might not be allowed to compete in one of the races (and one that might carry more points than the others).

I am all for handing out some early entries, but not now before the season is over. Wait until the season is over, and then give out some entries based on the seasons' performance. Stick with the basic formula, you would just have to have an early entry deadline (say November sometime). The ACO would love this, because they can collect money even earlier.

Now you give out entries to these full season competitors in both the LMS and the ALMS who have proved their worth (and submitted and early entry). Now, instead of announcing additional entries just before Sebring, you can wait. Extend the standard entry deadline a bit, give teams a chance to prove their worth at Mila Milhaus and/or Sebring before you decide on the final Entries.

I think that this could really work well. Teams that have performed well can submit their entry early, get there confirmation on say December 1st. and then secure their funding. Teams that feel they still have something to prove to the ACO could submit for standard selection and could use early season races to show their worth. You could have an FIA-GT race (Brazil), and ALMS race (Sebring), and an LMS race (late March, early April race) all in the bag before final selections are announced.

what do you think?