View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1711923)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
LM 24 may not fit into the worlds race calander, but rember it is on the longest day or weekend closest too the longerst day of the year. This way there is the most day light racing.
I assume you were actually referring to my last post so of course, and I'm not suggesting the traditional June dates for the race should be altered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
PPl have mentiond and I agree, not all the top teams or place in a particular series get enterys.

Does this mean if Peugot runs NO races prior to the 24 they should not get an invitation?? Of course not. Peugot is French and big company so they get an entery no matter what.This part of the poltics of racing and nationalisium.
The aim of this adjustment to the season dates (July to June) and the adoption of a results based entry system is to bring strength in depth to the associated series. So yes, if Peugeot were unable to accumulate enough points during the course of the season in order to finish high enough up in their championship to gain Le Mans qualification, they would not go to the party. It is, of course, almost inconceivable (with their budget) that this would happen, but it would certainly add to the drama of the LMS should Peugeot find themselves in such in a precarious position.

But let me put this to you, 12 entries per class based on championship positions and 7 'wildcard' entries to be decided by the ACO. They then have a get out clause should some of their friends (WR, Debora, Peugeot) not qualify...........

The exact detail of how entries would be allocated is not important. This is totally hypothetical and not fully thought through (or ever likely to be). But what it would do is use the Le Mans 24 Hour race itself far more effectivly as a vehicle with which to improve it's associated series. If those series become more competitive and gain greater strength in depth, it can only bode well for the 24 hour race itself.