View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2022, 20:56 (Ref:4092924)   #62
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
It is not about what might have been, it is about what we have, and I think that the electorate are entitled to a professional, committed, consistent, well briefed and analytical performance from the leadership.
I am glad I am not still in the military relying on the current crop of “career politicians” to make strategic security and deployment decisions.
I do know someone who worked with BoJo when he was Foreign Secretary and who described him as shambolic, rude to foreign dignitaries (inc the Japanese who we were courting for post Brexit, “global Britain” support) and disinterested in reading his briefs.

I'm really glad that you brought this up, Andy, because whilst the clown was actually FO, the Beeb ran a fly-on-the-wall documentary on him and what you say came across loud and clear. He didn't pay any attention to briefings even when given verbally - I think that by that time his civil servant advisers had given up trying to get him to read his briefs - and he used to go completely off the official line during meetings with foreign dignitaries.

I don't know why anyone was surprised when he started talking about his visit to Peppa Pig World to the CBI recently; he not a serious politician, just a feature writer for newspapers and journals. What should one expect from someone that read Classics at university?

Interestingly enough, one of my sons actually joined the Conservatives so that he could vote for him to become leader. He now bitterly regrets that and quickly cancelled his membership.