View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4092926)   #63
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I'm really glad that you brought this up, Andy, because whilst the clown was actually FO, the Beeb ran a fly-on-the-wall documentary on him and what you say came across loud and clear. He didn't pay any attention to briefings even when given verbally - I think that by that time his civil servant advisers had given up trying to get him to read his briefs - and he used to go completely off the official line during meetings with foreign dignitaries.

I don't know why anyone was surprised when he started talking about his visit to Peppa Pig World to the CBI recently; he not a serious politician, just a feature writer for newspapers and journals. What should one expect from someone that read Classics at university?

Interestingly enough, one of my sons actually joined the Conservatives so that he could vote for him to become leader. He now bitterly regrets that and quickly cancelled his membership.
Have no idea about the Classics and I didn’t see the documentary but the behaviour exactly as I said.

Supposedly, pre Brexit referendum, Boris wrote two article for the Spectator, one pro Brexit, and one pro Remain; he only published the pro Brexit one when he had worked out which way the wing was blowing.