View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2022, 12:03 (Ref:4092980)   #72
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Can anybody name a better method of organising a countries affairs?

A Presidential style like like America, Kenya, Belarus, or Russia.

A King like Saudi Arabia.

Whatever system you choose you will always get the power seekers ending up imn charge, because no normal person would want the job.

I reckon we do better than most, and Boris is no better/worse than Sir Tony Blair,
You're right. What is wrong isn't so much the system, it's the quality of the people putting themselves forward for the job.

Those who want a decent career and earn a lot of money stick to industry, those who want a rather poorly paid job (in terms of CEOs etc of large PLCs) but with a lot of TV air time then go into politics. With the result that the world-class players go into industry and the second rate ones who couldn't run a whelk stall run the country. Where in turn they are run rings round by the power brokers in industry.

Once in politics, because the public demand their political representatives work 24/7, MPs create work for themselves so they look busy and get said air time. I have no problem with "second jobs" because it keeps them in the real world and away from governing for the sake of it.

This is a worldwide problem, across all party political divides.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk