View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4092983)   #74
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with Max - up to a point.

As in everything in life I think one may need to subdivide the grouping in a number of ways.

Industry (or politics, or medicine, or sport. In fact any aspect of human endeavor) requires different attributes from the people involved at different times of development.

The entrepreneur with the vision to start a business (especially a "serial entrepreneur") may be perfect for establishing a new operation and dreadful at masterminding it once established.

Indeed at the level, before the entrepreneur is involved the person who comes up with a new and potentially marketable product or idea also has to be someone who can move on to successfully exploit their "baby" by choosing the "right" development entrepreneur and being able to agree on an arrangement with that person that makes the development of the concept viable and profitable (in some way) for both parties.

From my observations over the years such successes seem often to occur purely by chance. So not totally different to politics really ...