View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2789071)   #55
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remarks on race 1-3

I've just finished the 1982 BSCC for my site from Motoring news, and below is what I found on additional or differing info:

Race 1: some more overall positions (13/14/19) and total time for class winners; Burrows didn't get 4 points for third so I guess he was a DNF; Dooley retired of oil loss; Kirby was a non-starter instead of DNA

Race 2: pole according to MN was 50,45 instead of 50,54; there's a typo in Rouse total time; Buckley finished 4th in class according to MN but didn't get points; total time for class winners; I guess Terry Watts' number was 67 (it was at Oulton); Thorpe had an accident indeed; Robertson's Fiesta wasn't an XR2 - that was homologated in october 1982 as far as I know.

Race 3:
Dickinson finished 11th, Sawyer-H 12th; Buckley's practice time doesn't seem right.
Robertson has #45 in the entry list; Watts and Tait retired; MN gives Lanfranchi second on the grid and Morris third; Dooley and Thorpe are switched on the grid.