View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2004, 00:06 (Ref:1095802)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The stats for what it’s worth:

Champion: Total Races = 8, Avg. Grid Pos. = 2.63, Avg. Finish = 1.5
Veloqx #8: Total Races = 6, Avg. Grid Pos. = 2.33, Avg. Finish = 1.66*
Veloqx #88: Total Races = 6, Avg. Grid Pos. = 2.33, Avg. Finish = 2
Team Goh: Total Races = 5, Avg. Grid Pos. = 4.4, Avg. Finish = 2.4

*Veloqx #8 DNF’d at Spa

That’s what I came up with, although I could have made a mistake.

The two Veloqx cars have it on pace, which is where I feel they benefit from having two cars. But they lose out to Champion in terms of average finishing position. But the level of competition is obviously different between the ALMS and LMES. Goh have not impressed me this year. As mentioned the setup has never seemed right on. I wonder also if their strategy has not been as good as Team Veloqx. All four cars have good driver selections really, but that’s debatable.

I think Champion could give Veloqx better competition, but that Veloqx would win out in the end (law of averages/2 cars). Many say that Champion were off the pace at Le Mans, but I felt their race pace was good. They also had pole at Sebring along with more lousy luck. Petit and Laguna will show how they can handle competition on their home turf.

Ironically, the only race all four competed in Team Goh came out on top. It just so happened to be the Big One. But that's racing!

Last edited by jhansen; 14 Sep 2004 at 00:10.