View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1336118)   #15
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jase is in fine spirits as he is now back home being fussed over! Thankfully things went well on Monday with our return to Le Mans Hospital and visit to Tours (found a lovely bar, had a wonderful lunch/dinner meal, got Sheila a load of visitor's promo leaflets ready for her trip - all vineyards!), plus we couldn't have got more help at the airport (apart from the security hiccups!). Our French has improved amazingly, as has our acting skills, needed to fill in the gaps our French and the local's English left!

As for the phone bills, if you blank out all the irrelevant numbers and let Jase have a copy of the bill, he can try to claim the cost back from his travel insurance - along with the £300 I paid out to get his medicine and crutches, my phone calls, plus taxis, hotel bill.........

I still can't say I've really been to Le Mans as I think we only saw maybe 2 hours!

Thanks also to everyone we bumped into who asked after Jase, and to the marshals who offered help.

We'll keep you informed with his progress - hope the NHS is as quick and smooth as the French medical system, but hopefully cheaper!