View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4067049)   #32
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
The commentators do a great job at describing the cars and drivers but didn’t seem to know more than anyone else about what competitions were happening or what the plan for the day was. And none of that is online.
The commentators at SW are not alone (and yes they do an excellent job). The commentary on the splits for the record breaking runs yesterday was superb !

Having been to a LOT of motorsport in recent years it's a common feature and I don't recall it only being since the pandemic. Communications between race control and the commentators seems somewhat haphazard at a number of venues. Then we have commentators who don't seem to have a view of the whole of the track - Donington or Snetterton are just two examples.

I have never been in either race control or the commentary box and I am sure there is a lot going off especially if there has been an incident - but if the 'umble speccie gets confused and can't work out what's going off - they might decide not to come next time.

Oh, and don't ask me about PA speakers not working (that's a section at Donington not SW).