View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2022, 23:31 (Ref:4103009)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No way they did this announcement if it wasn't agreed. I'd far rather see G56 used for something like this than a barely modified P2. G56 should bring actual intrigue and add to the show, IMO. I think we've seen "G56 material" is anything the ACO want it to be. Or, whoever is actually interested in doing something.

With all the variety has been stripped out of ACO rules racing, I think this should be applauded.
Rock On!

Given that ACDelco is owned by GM, and developed systems for the successful Corvette programs, including the reverse facing video feed that they made bullet-proof by pounding it around in the Corvettes, and which has become standard tech for other race cars and also a lot of new production vehicles from all the world's manufacturers, I think there is some sort of reason to believe some inovative things will be in this Camero, making it an acceptable and justified G56 candidate.

Given the support behind this project, it is exciting news.