View Single Post
Old 31 May 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4159013)   #12
dblue
Rookie

United Kingdom
Herts
dblue should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddblue should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As I'll be driving solo I won't have anyone to chat to, as such. My son and his partner will be in our small convoy so we can chat on the phone if we need/want to. Back in the day we used to use 2-3 cars and later graduated to a minibus. Our largest group was 15 in 2008. Our (now sadly departed) 'Chief Tourist' was at the time the director of a local football club, so we enjoyed strange glances as this bunch of relatively old boys traveling down in the youth team bus....

2010 was actually my 'breakaway' year when I went with a friend (who I knew from Tenths). For 24 years I had only done the long weekend and I'd been itching for years to get to the circuit for practice and qualifying. Most of the years since we've been there not only in time for that, but also for the two days of scrutineering in the town as well. Last year we did the Test Day as well.
Radios are a game changer - constant chatter makes it work like you're all in the same vehicle.
LOL at a bunch of you in a youth team bus, that must have been a craic.
Part of the reason we generally have a biggish group is we only do thursday to monday, so easier for getting the time off work. Means we miss some of the action in the week of course. In fact because we stay away from track we rarely go before sat morning. Thursday is our own BBQ, Friday is CBW/Drivers parade and beers in town - we've done Arnage, Hunaudieres , friday pit walk etc in previous years.
And we do the Hotel De France after the race.