View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2020, 15:30 (Ref:4007202)   #904
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'm sure we all have favourite and less favourite places, coloured by whether we are driving, snapping marshalling or spectating. I enjoyed racing at Rockingham - possibly because it was different - but by heaven it was soul-less. Silverstone National is a bit boring, but I quite like the International.....picturesque it ain't, though. Brands Indy makes me dizzy....I know its a "classic" but I can't be bothered dragging myself the length of the country (and the M25) to go round in small circles...although to contradict myself I enjoy Mallory, which is equally small I did love the one race at Brands GP circuit 10 years ago - that was worth the trip!

Never warmed to Snetterton - again maybe because of its remoteness (for me), but I do like circuits which involve gradients.....so Donington, Oulton, Anglesey, Cadwell are all favourites of mine (and co-incidentally more accessible )

Croft is near enough too, and I don't dislike it, but equally it doesn't excite me. I'd love to try a race at Knockhill - I've been driven round it by Pete Richards in his Clan, which was exciting - but not many race series are prepared to contemplate a visit there, when even Oulton elicits complaints about being "too far north". I suppose I should try Castle Combe and Thruxton sometime before I get too old (too late, do I hear you cry? ) but though CSCC did/will go there this year the dreaded virus (Back on topic!) has put the mockers on our racing this year.
Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons would make you welcome as a guest competitor, Richard.
Your Alfa would be eligible in future classics class.