View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2020, 07:19 (Ref:4007515)   #911
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I bought this 75 TS from Ebay years ago - it had been prepared by some guy as a trackday car - rebuilt engine and box, stripped interior, caged etc, but only used for one trackday then parked up at the back of the owners premises for 13 years before I bought it as his general car prep work got in the way.......on the way back from collecting it, Steve and I called in to see the 75 V6 that Dave Messenger had been running in the Alfa Championship, which he was selling as he was moving into a 156 TS. So Steve bought the V6 and as it was an up-and-running race car, that's what we've used. The TS has sat in my unit for another few years....it must be 20 years since it turned a wheel in anger, now, so I should do something with it, If I can dig my way through the other stuff in the unit......I'm a lot better at buying things than selling them (Edit: Just checked and I bought it in April 2012, so its well over 20 years since it was used....... )
A rather lovely 75 1.8 Turbo QV sold for £24,080 at Classics auction on Saturday.

Was it you passing by, by any chance?