View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2098706)   #37
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
- is attendance down on race day? Yup see the bare aluminum
- are the seats that much cheaper? Yup, you can buy them on race day for $10
- What is the real revenue for the month of May to IMS? Not what it used to be. It used to be a month event, now only has one day of interest. Ask any indy business in the tourist trade to compare.

"Who is the we, who can't tell if the IRL turned a profit, or a loss? Is there evidence either way, in the public domain? " Yes there is. Indystar archives is were you can start. Have fun I'm not pulling it up for you yet again.

"I'm sorry, I see this post as an attempt to derail the thread, to have what is a painful discussion closed, by starting an argument." With the constant bashing of champcar here, it is fair to examine how we ended up here.

"In my opinion, the IRL is nearly a break even proposition, maybe a small loss, maybe a small profit. That isn't the topic here though.

We know CART (MPH) was a massive money loser. We assume that revenues have not increased since it became CCWS. We assume that there are basic costs that cannot go away, and that CCWS is nowhere near a break even proposition. There is no real business case for CCWS."

They don't have the expenses they used to for one thing.

"Hardline forum posters on both sides spew rhetoric and hate that devalues their thoughts. This is crazy talk, the my series sucks just slightly less than yours does."

When the indy circuit is bulldozed and replaced with a Home Depot and Sonny's BBQ all will be right with the world.