Thread: WEC 2016 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3567188)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Regarding the empty stands at Silverstone comment, I was there this year and because of the (very good in my opinion!) bus service to various corners on the circuit, almost everyone kept moving around meaning the open grandstands were never full. The ones that were open on the start/finish straight were almost full to capacity at the start and the end of the race as far as I could tell.
This was also the case when I attended the ILMC event at Silverstone. The main grandstand at the new pits was full, whilst others navigated round the circuit. Certainly my group I was with, we started at the S/F and we went backwards around the entire circuit through the 6 hours.

This cannot be done in an F1 race as its too short and grandstand tickets lock you into a place. However during a 6 hour event you can walk the entire length of the circuit, which is always going to make the event more interesting to the spectator, even if the perception is that there is less people.