View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3922291)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
We have a similar situation with sports stars in the UK.

Hamilton is British when he wins, but English when he doesn't (from a Scottish perspective).
Rory McIlroy is Irish or British depending on the contest.
I’ve started to think that this doesn’t really happen. Maybe it used to? My theory is people just notice it when it supports this view, but don’t when it doesn’t.

Besides, Lewis is American when he loses

Quote:
English cricketers come from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. But Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and Irish cricketers only come from those countries.
Off topic: I don’t know the eligibility rules, but assume they are like rugby? One thing is the England team is technically the England and Wales cricket team.
And here’s to Eoin Morgan