View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4169987)   #933
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Mike, I do feel your pain, driving on UK roads is certainly no fun anymore for all of the reasons you've mentioned.
Like you, I always try and maintain a steady cruising speed when driving on the motorway (being tight-fisted I've found this helps with fuel economy!) and nowadays this is helped by using cruise control. On our longer journeys to places like Cornwall I am continually annoyed/dumbfounded by car drivers who appear from nowhere in my mirrors, come bombing past me and after a short while, slow so that I have to overtake them (to retain my constant speed) and the a few miles later, they repeat the process! I'll be driving either of our 'normal' family cars (not some rare classic that they may want to photograph) and generally these drivers appear to have no interest in us either.
All very strange.