View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2000, 14:58 (Ref:7957)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Group 2 Ford Capri RS2600/3100 racing history and whereabouts (mega merge!)

This is one for the touring car fans.

The following is a quote taken from one of the books in my library. It’s a quote from a famous racing driver (F1, Sports Cars and Touring Cars) talking about the competition and what that particular manufacturer has done.

“**** has done some steps for *** which weren’t among the ideas he had before about saloon car racing. He knew he had to win this year and he wouldn’t have won without those funny ****s on the ***s. So he homologated them, which was of course very clever but I think its a little off the line of saloon cars. I don’t think it’s a very good thing to do – to start with all those ****s – but sometimes its necessary to do things like that.”

We are talking here about two famous touring car marques. One of them did not have the means to homologate the parts that the other decided would give it the advantage it needed to win. The following year both marques had developed these items for their racing cars.

So. I realise these are difficult questions but can anybody tell me who is the person who homologated the parts? What were the parts in question? Who is the driver and what are the two marques concerned?

A clue is that these parts can be blamed for the "death of ST racing".