View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:43 (Ref:675707)   #23
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will enter this debate later, but as it is lawnmower racing this weekend for the 12hr let me show you what each marshal is getting and I have arranged it all: 2 meal vouchers for the wagon, drinks through the event, a goody bag from the club and a goody bag from donated items I have got myself, a marshals raffle with 2 top prizes and a load of other stuff so everyone should at least win 2 items. A BBQ during the night provided by the BLMRA, gazeebos on the posts, and a couple of other things that I am not saying,
WHY AM I SAYING THIS ON HERE. WELL THIS MEETING IS A CHARITY EVENT, I WAS DONATED EVERYTHING BY PUTTING MYSELF OUT AND WRITING AND ASKING, SO I DID NOT DRAIN ANYONES BUDGET, THE BLMRA REALISES WHO WE ARE AND THE IMPORTANCE OF MARSHALS AND TREATMENT OF THEM AND THE MAIN POINT I GIVE A DAM ABOUT THE TEAM I AM CHIEFING FOR AND THERE WELFARE WHILE AT THE EVENT INCLUDING THE CAMPING ARRANGEMENTS.
So clubs have a read, If I and the BLMRA can do this for a meeting this club makes next to know profit on as it goes to charity, then those that make money and a profit who do nothing should take a long walk and think what you can do.
Remember you tarmac and grass needs marshalls.
RS